I've been a very neglectful blogger lately, I kinda vanish from the face of the earth during uni session. But I've been on a study break for the past 2 weeks and its given me a chance to finish off some of the sewing projects that I had left over from my summer break. Most I had stalled on when I reached a point where I had to re-do something, this often seems to be the case with me.
This skirt stalled because I forgot to put the pocket flaps on before stitching the waistband to the skirt. I had even unpicked it I just hadn't gotten around to restitching it. So 2 weeks ago I went and bought buttons and a zipper and sat down to finish the skirt. Here it is on:
I have to admit that while this is based strongly off BWOF 01/09 113 it isn't it exactly. My mum still has my copy of BWOF 01/09 so I just used my already traced out copy of 112 and added the details such as pocket flaps, button front waistband, fly front and front slit. For comparison here's BWOF 01/09 113:
And here's my version:
Skirt on the hanger
Fly front with button up waistband
Inside fly front with button up waistband
You can see I have almost double the amount of buttons to prevent gaping and I've added boning to the waistband and a full waistband lining to the skirt as I feel it benefits from the extra support. I also added slit at the centre front for added walking and sitting ease.
In terms of alterations I cut a size 42 but had to take over 2 inches out of the top of the centre back waistband seam tapering to nothing at the base of the waistband.
Overall I'm really happy with this skirt. It fits really nicely and is really comfortable even after a full meal. Plus it can be dressed up or down making it really versatile and because it's 100% cotton it breathes really nicely.