Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

More Knitting Cotton Scarf

Sydney is having a lovely mild Autumn so far. Over the last week the temperature does seem to be dropping, especially in the mornings and evenings, and while it's not time to pull out the woollens yet I am feeling the need to add a couple of extra layers to my outfits. I found this ball and a half of Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply cotton in the colour parchment when I raided Mum's stash just before I left Australia.

                               Photo Courtesy of klement1983                                Date Night by Nikol Lohr

I was thinking about making it into the lace short sleeve top above but this morning I was thinking about how nice a light, lace, cotton scarf would be right now and so impulsively cast on this.


It's meant for 4ply bamboo yarn but with something like this I'm pretty certain that it won't matter in the end. I cast on less stitches than the pattern specified. I got a little way into it today but I'm not certain that the pattern is working properly. I think I may not have cast on the right number of stitches so I'm going to have to check that and then maybe frog the whole scarf and start again. Ah such is the ways of knitting. It still seems such a shame to rip out a whole days work, but it's better than always looking at a pattern repeat that's not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment